UPSC Civil Services Exam 2016 Notification Through Advertisement No. 08/2016-CSP
UPSC Civil Services 2016 Exam 1079 Posts
Number of Posts: Approximately 1079
Dates To Remember:
Last Date: 27-May-2016 till 23:59 Hours
Last Date Fee through Offline Mode ‘Pay by Cash’: 26-May-2016 at 23.59 hrs
Last Date Fee through Online Mode: 26-May-2016 at 23.59 hrs
Date of Preliminary Exam: 07-August-2016
Date of Main Exam: December, 2016
Civil Services Recruitment 2016 Exam- Details of List of Services and Posts to which the Candidates will be Subjected:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Group ‘A’)
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defense Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (IT) Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, (Assistant Works Manager, Administration), Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A
- Indian Defense Estates Service Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, (Junior Grade) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Group ‘B’
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
Your Age Requirement Should Be: The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 32 years as on 1-August-2016 to be eligible to apply. However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
Your Minimum Educational Qualifications Should Be: The candidate must hold a Bachelors Degree of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available them.
- The Main Examination likely to be held in December, 2016.
Application Fee To Be Paid: All applicants (Except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of application fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
For candidates whose fee details are not received from the bank, a list of them will be made available in the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in two weeks after the last date for submission of application. Such candidates have to submit the proof of fee payment within next 10 days or their candidature will be rejected.
- Candidates must apply online through the UPSC website only. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected. The applicants are advised to submit only single application. After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application. For any clarifications, one can log into Click Here Advertisement In PDF
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post. Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
In case of any clarification/ guidance/ information regarding their candidature, applications etc. candidates MUST contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
The Preliminary Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each. Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions). The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
Paper I – 200 Marks of Two Hours Duration
- Current events of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject Specialization
- General Science
Paper II- 200 Marks of Two Hours Duration [The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%]
- Interpersonal skills including Communication Skills;
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic Ability
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy (Numbers and their relations, Orders of magnitude, etc.- Class X level), Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Examination Pattern and Syllabus of Examination [Civil Services Recruitment 2016 Exam]